- Who: SoC majors completing their junior year.
- When: Spring quarter of their junior year; applications must be received by the announced due date.
RTVF 260 and either;
(1) RTVF 360 or RTVF 464 by end of junior year or:
(1) SoC 300 level or higher media-related elective by end of junior year. Requires pre-requisite approval (see below).
NOTE: Theatre 312 (Art of Storytelling); Theatre 330 (Special Topics); Theatre 346 (Playwriting) and Theatre 348 (Advanced Creative Drama); Communication Studies/CMN 302 (Law of the Creative Process); Communications Studies 352 (Social Network Analysis) and Communications Studies 377 (Developing & Marketing Popular Culture) are all pre-approved as pre-requisites.
Pre-requisite approval: Students seeking pre-requisite approval of SoC media-related electives (for courses not listed above) will be given the opportunity to submit those courses along with their application to the module. These electives will be reviewed and approved at the discretion of the module coordinator in consultation with the committee of instruction.
(1) RTVF 365-0 Writers’ Studio I: Fall quarter senior year cohort class (1 credit).
(1) RTVF 365-0 Writers’ Studio II: Winter quarter senior year cohort class (1 credit).
(1) RTVF 360 or RTVF 464 or media-related elective completed by graduation. This course requirement is in addition to the pre-requisite.
- It is highly recommended that members of the module not enroll in an RTVF 360 or another RTVF 464 during fall quarter senior year when they are enrolled in RTVF 365-0 Writers’ Studio I. This is due to the anticipated writing workload and the collaborative opportunities afforded by the cohort experience to workshop multiple projects during the course of the module sequence.
- Members of the module may not enroll in an RTVF 360 or other RTVF 464 during winter quarter senior year when they are enrolled in RTVF 365-0 Writers’ Studio II.
- Students must maintain a B- average in all module coursework. In the event a student earns below a B- in the fall cohort class, they may be dismissed from the program by decision of the module coordinator in consultation with the committee of instruction.
- A grade of B or higher is required in all pre-requisites and all writing classes. Any such class with a grade lower than B will not qualify as a pre-requisite nor count toward completion of the module. All the other above requirements must be completed by graduation.
- A Capstone Portfolio.