- Completion of a minimum of one high quality full-length capstone script during RTVF 365-0 winter quarter senior year consisting of either:
- A feature length screenplay;
- A full-length play;
- A television pilot package (1/2 hour and/or hour) approved by the module coordinator and the committee of instruction.
- A full-length script approved by the module coordinator and the committee of instruction.
- Completion of the following portfolio elements during RTVF 365-0 winter quarter senior year:
- A premise or logline and a synopsis for the capstone script(s).
- A written self-critique of how the requirements of the capstone experience demonstrate that the learning goals of the module have been achieved.
- Completion of a professional writing resume.
- A written reflection on projected goals for 1) the year after graduation and 2) for the five years after graduation.
If the capstone portfolio is not successfully completed by the end of winter quarter senior year it may be revised and resubmitted no more than twice. The last date for any resubmission is during the fifth week of the student’s final quarter of study at Northwestern. If it fails that evaluation, it may not be resubmitted. The review process will be determined by the winter quarter cohort instructors in consultation with the module coordinator and the committee of instruction.
No adaptations of any kind will be accepted unless you have legal documentation for the possession of the underlying rights. If necessary, determination of qualifying capstone material will be made by the winter quarter cohort instructors in consultation with the module coordinator and the committee of instruction.
In spring quarter of your senior year you are required to post your entire Capstone Portfolio (all materials listed) on the SoCiety website by an announced due date (TBD yearly; estimate second week in April). In addition to posting, you will be required to sign and submit a standard release form. If a one-on-one meeting is formally scheduled for all members of the cohort (subsequent to review of your Capstone Portfolio by the Northwestern Alumni Advisory Board or another entity) you are required to attend that meeting if you are currently on campus and in residence. If you’ve already graduated or will not be on campus for that scheduled meeting, you are still required to post your Capstone Portfolio, sign the standard release form and be amenable to and available for alternative arrangements for the one-on-one meeting (SKYPE, rescheduling, meeting in LA, etc...).